5 Reasons to Heal your Inner Child.
We don’t realize how much of ourselves are starving to get more attention, love or self-worth. We try our hardest only because we feel like we are not good enough. The enviornment we grew up in says a lot about how we function in our adult lives. If we witness a lot of arguments or even the silent treatment as a child we could have developed some serious disassociation. This disassociation is your emotions that were never explained, validated or nourished as a child. You may think you came from a good up bringing; but you really have to question if what or how you’re feeling today could be a byproduct of what was. The inner child, the version of you that needs attention, is the aspect of you that feels the disassociation. The Inner child needs you to pay attention.
Here are five ways to start your inner child healing:
1. Be honest to yourself about your upbringing, Time to get real about how your parents were and how that behaviour could have had its affects on you and if it did, which parent did you feel the most resentful to?
Spend some time sitting and revisiting areas of your childhood that may have made you feel very uncomfortable.
2. Check in with Abuse, how is abuse in your life today? What people don’t realize is that it doesn’t always have to be physical, having a narcassitic parent is far worse, emotional abuse or even sexual abuse. Stop saying things like you forgive them, they didn’t know any better. You went through something traumatic and the inner child needs you to validate its pain, this could be the reason why you have anxiety to begin with!
3. What are you addictions? Have you developed OCD, maybe have ADD, smoke, drink, manipulate or use your sexual power thinking this is a form of connection? All these occur when you feel an emptiness or a void that you are trying to fill. Maybe you had a parent who had addictions as well. If you were never taught how to deal and validate your emotions and were never taught how to react in a proactive way, not coping with feelings create addictions. Im sure you’re aware of that, now let’s get real about what would have triggered you to get into your addictions. Pay attention daily to conversations with people, notice if you get annoyed easily or angry, but you don’t now how to express it. Addictive behaviour is also, victimization, gossip, putting people down, putting yourself down, manipulation, lies, all these are coping mechanisms due to your inner child being neglected, rejected and abandoned.
4. Emotion is the point of attraction to the universe and all that you desire. If you are not paying attention to how you feel, you will not notice what you are creating in your world. Healing the trauma of the inner child will shift your energy to attract better experiences. Emotions such as Anger, Hate, Frustration, Confusion, Fatigue, Sadness, Loneliness, are all normal feelings to have!! Positive focus is a temporary solution to your happiness, it can totally help you get healthier and focused but eventually you will still need to deal with situations from your childhood in order for you to find relief in your day to day life and manifestations.
5. You are not an adult, you are an emotional child that has just grown up and needs as much play , love and joy as a child would. If you are constantly pushing against yourself and stressed all the time, it’s time to get real and maybe heal the emotional trauma that you have been ignoring. Your inner child needs to thrive so that you may thrive.
Contact Christinaprokos444@gmail.com to book your healing session.